Keyframes: Popular Cinema and Cultural Studies PDF text book pdf download is given by Routledge that special to you for free. Keyframes: Popular Cinema and Cultural Studies free pdf download books release and has been changed to PDF file that you can read on your laptop,computer or mobile phone.
Detail Keyframes: Popular Cinema and Cultural Studies :
Keyframes introduces the study of popular cinema of Hollywood and beyond and responds to the transformative effect of cultural studies on film studies.
The contributors rethink contemporary film culture using ideas and concerns from feminism, queer theory, 'race' studies, critiques of nationalism, colonialism and post-colonialism, the cultural economies of fandom, spectator theory, and Marxism. Combining a film studies focus on the film industry, production and technology with a cultural studies analysis of consumption and audiences, Keframes demonstrates the breadth of approaches now available for understanding popular cinema. Subjects addressed include:
* Studying Ripley and the 'Alien' films
* Pedagogy and Political Correctness in Martial Arts cinema
* Judy Garland fandom on the net
* Stardom and serial fantasies: Thomas Harris's 'Hannibal'
* Tom Hanks and the globalization of stars
* Queer Bollywood
* Jackie Chan and the Black connection
* '12 Monkeys', postmodernism and urban space.